Boddies Ramp

Boddies Ramp

Tuesday 31 January 2012

A good week off

I've just had a week off and I promised myself I would wet a line a few times. The canal in town was my first port of call to flip a few lures about. I landed a fish of around 5-6lb behind the bridgewater hall. Theres a fountain in the basin here so the water is very aerated and the pike really dance. The only other intrest I had was down castlefield outside the gym. There are two small arms where barges park up, they were crammed full of small roach. Something was having a pop at em, whether it was a small jack or some nice perch but they weren't interested in my arsenal of lures. I had another go the next day and managed two follows up at Piccadilly basin. I managed to spot a tiny pike under a twig, it was no longer than my finger, I ended up watching it for about ten minutes.



On the Wednesday I met Dave (The Meddy Man) for my first session at clayton vale. The river was up and barely fishable but we stuck it out. I was lucky enough to pull out this brownie of about 2lb but no luck for David. I'll definitely back here when the rivers calmed down.


It was back to the canal on friday and fished a little swim at potato wharf. I only stayed for a couple of hours but managed to win half a dozen small roach and a chunky dace.


Saturday made me venture to drinkwater park to rake some weed out with the club. Check out salfordfriendlyanglers.blogspot.com

This post is abit late due to trouble with my internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment